ARE THE SAVINGS WORTH THE MEMBERSHIP FEE?
Quite simply, Yes!
The industry rates offered on TIDD can vary between 10% up to 50% off the Best Flexible Rate. The Best Flexible (BFR) or Best Available (BAR) rates are the best comparison with industry rates as they are fully flexible and can usually be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance.
Of course industry rates are subject to availability:
- You may find it more difficult to get a good industry rate during peak periods (school holidays, Christmas, Easter etc).
- Industry rates are not usually available 6 months or more ahead. Some hotels do release industry rates well in advance for their low seasons, however generally industry rates are not released until 90, 60 or 30 days out.
Based on typical industry rate savings for hotels on TIDD you will easily recoup your membership fee with just one night’s hotel accommodation!
As an example here are the savings I personally made during a trip to visit my family in the UK converted to AUD, per night:
|Hotel||Room Type||BFR||Ind Rate||Saving $||Saving %|
|Crowne Plaza Heathrow||King Bed with Club access||$267||$124||$143||55%|
|Castle Hotel Windsor||Queen Room||$286||$200||$86||30%|
|Holiday Inn Express Heathrow||Standard King Room||$171||$116||$55||33%|
|Intercontinental Abu Dhabi||Intercontinental King with Club access||$340||$255||$85||25%|
|Intercontinental Singapore||Intercontinental King with Club access||$524||$355||$169||33%|
What do I get for my membership fee?
- 21,000+ hotels with genuine industry discounts worldwide, including over 800 in Australia and 130 in New Zealand
- Departure Lounge – over 130 hotels in Australia and New Zealand at highly reduced (distressed inventory) rates
- Car Hire Discounts
- Regular Newsletter with latest deals
And don’t forget we have a no questions asked refund policy, so if you find that TIDD is not for you send me an email within 7 days of joining and I will refund your membership fee in full.
Any questions, drop me an email or give me a call. As an ex Qantas employee of 28 years and creator of the TIDD website back in 1999, I have an extensive knowledge of industry rates.
M: 0408 136 222